CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS!
The next Jodi Awards will take place in 2017. Unfortunately, the deadline has now passed for this year. However, to give potential submitters an idea of the process (for the next round of Awards, in 2019) the application form and guidance document can still be found below.
For those who have submitted, if you have any queries about your application, please contact us by emailing email@example.com and we will get back to you with a response.
Who Can Apply?
Museums, libraries, archives, heritage and disability organisations, of all sizes and from all countries, that have worked on accessible digital culture initiatives are eligible to apply.
Projects can be low or hi-tech and for small or large audiences.
Projects carried out between 2012 and 2015 can apply. Please note we will be looking for evidence of evaluation, so if this phase of the project has not yet been completed please defer to the next bi-annual Jodi Awards in 2017.
About the Award Criteria
Judges will be looking for projects, services or facilities which demonstrate exemplary qualities, real effort and achievement, and have the power to inspire change. The Judges will assess the following dimensions of your project:
- Organisational commitment to disability equality
- Involvement of disabled people in the planning, designing, creating and testing of products or services
- Adhesion to inclusive design principles
- Outcomes, including the quality of finished products or services, key benefits and user endorsements
- Level of in-built sustainability and/or growth
- Inspirational value and potential impact
There are no longer distinct award categories. Up to three awards will be given to onsite or online projects that demonstrate high qualities overall. Applicants that excel in a particular area may be given a Commendation.
How to apply
The call for applications for 2019 is not yet open, but when it does, applicants will have to complete an application form in English, and send it along with the following supporting material to: firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Organisation-wide Disability Policy and Action Plan (where applicable)
- A minimum of three images of the product/service/website/facility created, as well as a brief description of each picture.
- Two letters of support from disabled people or disability organisations (along with full contact details).
Please return the completed form and attachments by email to: email@example.com
If you have any queries about your application, please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you with a response.
Please note that if your project is shortlisted, you will be asked to provide an 800 word case study to be published on the Jodi Awards website.
Organisations with shortlisted products, services and facilities that are only available on site may be asked to send in additional information to support their application (e.g. further user endorsements, images and videos).